Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Real Life Movie Star!

I was in Skagit County, Washington last week inspecting some apartment complexes. While inspecting a unit, I noticed this album.


I mentioned to the tenant that he must enjoy collecting old vinyl records. He noted that not only did he enjoy collecting the records, his voice was on them!

This is Don Doolittle!


He pointed out that since he was 16 years old, he had been acting and doing voice-over work. He's credited on the album that I saw as playing Confucius in "The Flintstones and Jose Jiminez in the Tim Machine". He also told me that he was in a movie called "Hawaii" opposite Julie Andrews, played the District Attorney in one episode of "Hawaii 5-0", and he's credited as the star of "The Creation of the Humanoids"!

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow! I love Don Doolittle! My husband and I watched the episode of Hawaii 5-0 that he was in yesterday and "Creation of the Humanoids" is one of our favorite movies of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very sad when I wrote this and I didn't get any comments! It's awesome to see that there are still Don Doolittle fans out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was mentored by Don. We kept in touch with him thru the years. Sadly he passed away on April 12, 2012 in Skaget Valley of natural causes. He was 89.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Don have any family/relatives? Did he donate any of his memorabilia to a library, museum or archive? My interest in Don is his radio work in the 1940s. He was an actor on the radio program Stay Tuned for Terror which was written by Robert Bloch. Any one with additional info on Don's acting career? Karl bluecar91@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm watching "Creation of the Humaniods" right now, and I got curious about this guy. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails