Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day!

Well, it's Veterans Day, and I've been looking for heartwarming military homecoming videos to help us remember our veterans.... Again, I have trouble leaving my kids to go to work, I can't imagine the sacrifice of leaving them for a year or more to put my life on the line for my country....

Do you remember the recent blog post about the daughter who wouldn't let go of her father's hand before his deployment? That's it.... I just wanted to know if you remember.... Click the link to see that heartwarming story....

Anyway, here are my top 3 amazingly touching homecoming videos....







Thank you to all the veterans, past and present, who proudly protect our country!

6 comments:

  1. Santa surprise has me crying my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sitting in my office this morning, trying to keep it together while watching these videos....

    I can't watch any of them without getting teary eyed....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Erin, the Santa Surprise was my favorite also... watching her little head trying to make sense of it, and her voice getting serious and urgent as she tried to figure out what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the Santa one gets me too, however, I've watched the one with the little boy over a hundred times and it gets me every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy smokes!!!! i JUST read your email today (and i am SO sorry that i hadn't realized i switched my emails, DURRRR!) oh man oh man! all three videos had me crying!!!!!

    kid's tears are just so innocent.... them crying tears of joy.... they're just so real!!!! you know it too! and that's what makes it 10 times harder to see.... i know when i saw my little girl crying when her dad came home, she was a WRECK, which then made ME a wreck. her father is not my husband, but he still served and i respect ALL of our soldiers.... she doesn't see him daily, so it probably wasn't AS hard for her, but who am i to discredit anything or determine how painful or non-painful it was for her. i can't. so we drove hours to go be there when he flew in. i guess that's just what you do when you have little ones.... i can't imagine if it WAS my husband leaving and coming back home. since we've been together, we haven't spent a night apart, so i couldn't imagine him leaving for any amount of time, overseas, not knowing when i'd hear from him again.... UGH! breaks my heart and makes me cry just thinking about it....

    thank you so much for sharing the links to these and i am so sorry it's been 10 days for me to find them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails