Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm On A Horse

Back in the olden days, when I was a child, my dad would slap on Old Spice after shave every morning. I remember the white bottle sitting on my parent's bathroom counter. I can barely remember how the after shave smelled, but I remember my dad's customary four slaps on his face, then shaking his hands in the air to get the remaining after shave off of his hands....


Anyway, the marketing geniuses at Old Spice have created one of the best commercials ever! We're not a commercial watching family (The Digital Video Recorder is man's greatest invention!), so I have to give my wife credit for pointing out this commercial....



It's their best commercial since their Neil Patrick Harris commercials! He should know whether or not Old Spice is a good product, he used to be a doctor for pretend!

11 comments:

  1. Old Spice BAHAHAHA I think I still have a bottle somewhere in the bowels of my closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Bruce Campbell ads too. They must have a good ad agency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... I don't know where to look (but I don't think I want to look at Ian's bowels)!!!

    Those were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! My Dad was an Old Spice addict in the 70s and 80s! Thankfully he has graduated to actual cologne.
    Their new marketing is stellar! WTG Old Spice... they needed a facelift for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Doogie Howser M.D., let's bring back that show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, the Doogie commercial is a classic. And I love the new one. "I'm on a horse." Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad they're trying to shed that 'It's only for your dad' image....

    @Powdered Toast Man - Who would play Vinnie in Doogie Howser 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old Spice...Oh Yeah!! My pop used to have that in the bathroom as well...lol... I think it was a rule for a dad to own a bottle of it..

    I know you aimed the question at Powdered Toast Man, but Fredward (Nathan Kress) from ICarly would make a perfect Doogie Howser.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember my dad having a bottle of Old Spice and a bottle of Brut. I think they both smelled like old men but we wore it after every shave.

    The commercials were great. I think they "I'm a man" Old Spice commercials are funny. I remember when they had Doogie come back for that commercial I thought it was hilarious especially when he smacks the guy in the face with the stethoscope.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Bendigo! Nathan Kress would make a good Doogie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old spice was like routine in my daily life, you know!, slapping on my face in the mornings before going to classes, that is the advantage of having a beard when you are young.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails