Sunday, March 7, 2010

In The Year 2020


Ok, here's the deal.... I was tagged by Bendigo at Bendigo's Rage to give my predictions of where I see myself in 10 years. I don't want to jinx anything, but I'll give it a try.... And yes, I know they went to the past in Back To The Future.... Just imagine that there's a II on the poster....

Let's see.... In 10 years, I'll be 40 years old.... I'll hopefully still be here in California, only I'll be able to say that I own my own house.... It won't be a big house, just big enough for all of my kids to have their own rooms.... So, I'll have a five-bedroom house (with direct access to the beach.... not really....), and if I get my way, I'll be building an additional sixth bedroom (at this point I'll only need a three-bedroom)!

I'll still be married to my beautiful and wonderful wife, if she's still willing to put up with me in ten years. However, that sixth bedroom might be where I have to go and sleep whenever I get in trouble....
On an interesting side note, I met my wife on this day, thirteen years ago....

I'll finally be in charge at the company where I work, after my father's long awaited retirement, and I won't have to adjust my budget each time my wife goes to Target (she walks in with the intention to buy one thing and she always walks out with a full cart!).

Other than that, I don't think much else will be different.... My wife and my kids are my life, and as long at they're here with me, I'll be happy.

I'm assuming that most everyone I know has been tagged, but I haven't seen Jerry from
'My Thoughts Brought To The Light' tagged yet.... Jerry, where do you see yourself in 10 years?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you're well on your way on the path to success (if you haven't achieved it already).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...in 10 years I hope I'm doing exactly what I'm doing now only slightly older, slightly wiser and (hopefully!) slightly richer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, just a slight correction. I have never ever gone into Target with the intention of buying ONE thing, I always intend on leaving with a full cart and I've yet to fail. :-P

    And I told you, if you want 5 kids, you're going to have to gestate at least 1 yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not just your wife, I too never escape Target without like $100 worth of crap. I've finally broken my addiction to their $1 section.

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a nice mellow approach to it...You are definitely a Californian...I hope you get exactly what you want in the next ten years..(well sounds like maybe not the last child though)....

    Just so you know ...Target is the devil just like walmart...They are evil and won't let you leave unless you spend more than you planned...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you didn't post on the weekends? So no professional blogging career in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey man - I quickly revised today's post and gave you a much-deserved shout out.

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well thank you for the tag. I will do my best at coming up with a good blog post to answer the question and post it asap. Probably Tuesday unless I can't think of anything to right LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very nice plan for the future!! I really do hope it's going to work out !:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds lovely! I will be 40 in ten years too!

    I hope you get all you dream of, and more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails