Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jamie Foxx Writing Laverne And Shirley Movie?








Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Ray Charles?

Remember all the hoopla about the recent 'Valentine's Day' movie directed by Garry Marshall? You remember.... The movie starring almost every actor and actress in Hollywood?

During the press tour for the 'Valentine's Day' movie, new BFF's Jennifer Garner and Jessica Biel mentioned that they would love to do a remake of the popular television show (also directed by Garry Marshall) 'Laverne and Shirley'....

Well, it may be happening!!!! And it's going to be written by their 'Valentine's Day' co-star Jamie Foxx!?!?!?! Yes..... Jamie Foxx. I am both intrigued and frightened.... I really hope Garry Marshall's not just pulling our leg....

Garry Marshall told TV Guide:
“Jamie and I are trying to do it. He’s writing it. It’s a whole different modern day take on how they came up on the streets during difficult times. Laverne would be this very tough girl with a big ‘L’ tattooed on her arm. Jennifer Garner would play Laverne and Jessica Biel would play Shirley.”

14 comments:

  1. Lol...I can just see it now...laverne was a hooker/doper turned straight by the love of her BFF shirley who is secretly in love with her but can't tell because their neighborhood is old and italian. seriously though..I loved the original and Jamie Foxx is as talented as they come so I'm sure he will give us something worth watching...Yay no more reality tv for a while maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually an intriguing idea. I'm not sure what will come out of it, but it's bound to be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this movie idea sounds like it could be really good. The possibilties are endless as far as the story line and updating it as well. Maybe get Seth Rogen and James Franco for Lenny and Squiggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an old crank. I don't like remakes :( I'm all about the originator not the imitator. I think that was a radio station slogan when I was a kid. Ha ha.

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamie Foxx was one of the original writer on In Living Color, right? Or am I thinking of someone else? If so, it's not too far out of left field for him to move to screenplays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... I dunno... I'm skeptical, but in my usual hypocratic fashion (and because I like Jennifer Garner) I will watch it and (most probably) like it... But at the moment I scoff at a remake of yet another show I loved as a youth...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems totally bonkers but like Nikki said, Jamie Fox wrote for "In Living Color" so...who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just deliciously random. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm scared about the slant he will put on the Yiddish ("Shlemeil, Shlemazel"). I can't even imagine.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's credited as a writer for 'In Living Color' and for all 100 episodes of 'The Jaime Foxx Show'.

    He can be funny, but it's been 9 years since he's been in anything funny....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sort of a purist when it comes to remakes of TV shows and movies. I am not sure if a remake would be very good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just don't know about this one. He's a talented guy and all. But I never understood why the original was so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could be fun. Jamie Foxx is a talented dude. Who will play Lenny and Squiggy? I vote Michael Clarke Duncan and Verne Troyer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it sounds like crap. I hope I am wrong!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails