Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Fifteen Minutes Of Fame

I want to tell you about my 15 minutes of fame last night.... Yesterday, the news team here at 'I Think It's Interesting' found pictures of the 15 story building in Chile before it collapsed during the 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Chile. I posted a blog titled 'Before And After Photos Of Building Where A Father And Daughter Survived A 13 Story Fall During The Chile Earthquake' displaying the before and after photos of the building. A few hours after the blog was posted, I received an e-mail from a representative from ABC's 'World News With Diane Sawyer' about the photos. I'm sure you all saw the 'World News With Diane Sawyer' last night, and if you did, you saw reporter David Wright reference this photo around the three minute mark of the show:


The reporter made no mention of 'I Think It's Interesting' or 'ASBLACKASOBAMA', but you could tell he was thinking about it if you listen to his voice....

I recorded the newscast, and I've watched the story a few times and it makes me really sad, but then I see the photo and I get really happy, then the photo goes away and I get really sad again....

16 comments:

  1. Well it sucks they did not credit you with the photo. I am am glad such a powerful story was able to be told. Kudos to you! Many blessings to that man and his child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 15 minutes of fame. Personally, I think you got like 17 minutes, because I posted the link to your blog and that post on my facebook and I have like a gazillion people on my friend's list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. F that, let's protest. You DESERVE TONS of praise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments guys! In their defense, we didn't actually take the photos, we just uncovered them and posted them....

    It was really exciting to to get noticed by the 'World News'....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey congrats on that! Some fame is better then none that's for sure!!

    Are you going to save the email? I would print it and put it in a scrap book.

    Again good job on the photos that highlight a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! That is a very cool story!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! That is awesome, I wonder if your blog name was like "Fred" they woulda mentioned it? But I think that's so cool regardless! Wow! Go you! I love when we're mentioned someway, somehow. We're like a blogging family. Your fame is our fame :)

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew they were going to screw you over so I protested in advance by not watching it. =)

    They didn't even mention "a blogger"? Did they compensate you for it at all? OMG they STOLE your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jerry - Thanks so much! Shhhh.... Don't tell anybody, but I've printed out a copy of it and put it in a safe place.

    @The Frog Queen - Thank you so much!

    @Ally - Yeah, I really wanted to hear Diane Sawyer say, 'And thanks to blogger ASBLACKASOBAMA for the pictures'.... Maybe next time.... lol One day I'll explain the name on here.

    @Kristy - LOL.... I didn't take the photo.... They said 'This is what the building looked like before it fell' and the photo was on for three seconds.... I did get a large amount of views from the post though.... That works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did not watch it, but that's both cool and screwed up. Would it have killed them to throw a little love your way? I think not. Boo ABC, boo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with TS Hendrick - Big boos to ABC from London! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Screw ABC for not mentioning you in any way.

    Cool that it was on T.V. though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I'm impressed that someone at world news reads your blog. Aren't there thousands of bloggers out there? Ally is probably right about your blog name being part of the reason they didn't mention it. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you get the photos from?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,
    Really this is awesome informative blog post here... Keep posting such an amazing blog post.

    Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails