Friday, April 23, 2010

Can You Guess This TV Theme? #42 - Answer

I was able to stump everybody with the short and sweet theme from 'Caroline In The City'!

After Lea Thompson was the rocker who fell in love with a leather jacket wearing and cigar smoking talking alien duck in 'Howard The Duck', and after she was Marty McFly's mother in the 'Back To The Future' trilogy, she became Caroline Duffy in 'Caroline In The City'....



Do you remember 'Caroline In The City'? It was on the air for four seasons.... Lea Thompson played Caroline Duffy, a syndicated cartoonist who wrote a comic strip titled 'Caroline In The City'.... Caroline works closely with Richard, played by Malcolm Gets, who takes the job as her comic strip colorist to make ends meet.... Throughout the series, Richard hides his undying love for Caroline as she dates new men and complains about her love life.... Hilarity ensues....

I became quite addicted to this show when it was on at 1:00 am, after watching back-to-back episodes of 'Boy Meets World'.

12 comments:

  1. I remember the show well, but in all honesty I would have never guessed the theme song.. well there's always next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...that's another one I didn't know!! Your blog is hard on my self-esteem ;) Kidding! So many tv shows I haven't heard of..so many to watch!!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man... I used to love that show. I watched it with my older sisters. Even knowing that though, the theme still doesn't seem familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that show, I wasn't a fan though I don't think. Remember Ned & Stacy? I had such a crush on Ned :)

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked that show, but I never would have guessed the tune...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dammit!! I knew this one. I recognized it. It sounded so familiar and I was wrong.

    I loved Caroline in the City. I would of got it if it was Boy Meets World.

    I am planning on writing the post about you and your blog this weekend and post it probably on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had told you I didn't know, but it finally came to me this morning. It felt like my world was complete again. Ahhh. Thanks for jamming that quandary up there in the first place. haha.
    FYI...that theme song was introduced in season 2 or 3. Just so you know. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like England missed out on most of these shows :0(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I totally remember that show and I remember kind of hating it for some reason. And yet I remember very little about it. Didn't she have some kind of flirtation with the guy who illustrated her comics? I think I found good old Caroline a little whiney for my tastes.

    But Boy Meets World? That's a whole different discussion. Oh Topenga, I just can't quit you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do remember the show, with ads and promos etc, but have never watched one episode. Had no idea what it was about until I read your description. Feels like it was on longer than 4 seasons though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails