Monday, April 12, 2010

Double Down And Win At KFC

Don't say I've never done anything for you! About 6 months ago, I posted about the news of the Double Down Sandwich being tested at Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants in Rhode Island and Omaha.... Here's the marketing picture from KFC....


The Double Down Sandwich consists of two slices of bacon, a slice of pepper jack cheese, a slice of Swiss cheese, and some of the Colonel's sauce, all between two filets of KFC original recipe chicken. (You can get the Double Down with grilled chicken filets, but what's the fun in that?)

Well, here are my pictures! The Double Down in all its glory.... I jumped on the cholesterol grenade.... And it was an explosion of deliciousness....


Don't get me wrong.... My heart didn't like it, and I'm probably never going to order it again.... BUT, it didn't taste horrible! The chicken was moist and flavorful and the bacon was crisp, but the cheese was a bit bland and the 'Colonel's Sauce' gave a tiny kick to the sandwich (when you could taste the flavor of the sauce outside the flavor of the chicken).... I could definitely feel the salty sandwich sucking all the moisture in my body towards my stomach, and I feel tired after eating the sandwich, but I can say that I tried it!

16 comments:

  1. Haha! A friend of mine added a pic of this to his facebook. I have a strange love affair with bacon, that certainly isn't healthy. But this sandwich looks like death. Granted a pleasant well worth it death... kinda like dying in your sleep, only painfully... maybe during one of those dreams that would normally wake you up angrily... instead you wind up in the afterlife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....you do have life insurance, yeah? My sister, niece, and nephew won't be totally screwed when you die of a massive heart attack?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just talking about this thing last night, and I'll repeat myself here, doesn't it just seem like a bad SNL skit from the 80's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!
    I'm already hungry, now I'm starving...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm jealous of you. I'd never have the balls to order this.

    Visit me at FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just drooled on my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my arteries just got hard

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me glad I'm a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay... so... I was looking at my FB page, and one of my friends posted that he ordered 4 of these, just so he would know what it felt like to hold 2,500 calories in one hand (and as I'm typing this, the commercial just came on... oh God... they're watching me...). And one of my co-workers ate two of them. I doubt he'll be coming to work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to eat it so bad but I do not have the guts to do so.
    Kudos to you and thank you for letting me live vicariously through you.

    http://fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear. I need to go drink a big glass of water and brush my teeth after reading this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your description of eating it is very funny. It actually sounds like you shed calories in the process.
    My stomach would never forgive me. On second glance, it looks pretty tasty.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa, dude, thanks for the freaking invite! LOL. I would have loved to watch you suck that down. Did you need a gallon of water afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you for eating this. I've been begging my boyfriend to try it out with me but he's annoyingly apprehensive about the whole thing. I heard it's only 500 or so calories which is less than a lot of other fast food sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't really eat fast food anymore but I want to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice site, I have bookmarked your site yet and I will come back again! You have a greatest site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails