Friday, June 4, 2010

Can You Guess This TV Theme? #48 - Answer

Congratulations to Liz at 'A Belle, A Bean, & A Chicago Dog' for correctly guessing that this week's TV theme is from 'Coach'!



In 'Coach', actor Craig T. Nelson stars as Hayden Fox, college football coach of the Minnesota State University Screaming Eagles (and later the Orlando Breakers).

'Coach' not only focused on football, (I don't remember if I actually ever saw anybody actually 'play' football during the show), the show focused on the relationships of Coach Fox, his significant other, his daughter and the assistant coaches.

Throughout the program, Coach Fox is constantly wooing and developing his relationship with television news anchor Christine, his significant other played by Shelley Fabares.... Of course, the coach has trouble understanding women, and always uses football analogies to make sense of his romantic relationship....

Jerry Van Dyke and Bill Fagerbakke starred as Coach Fox's trusted and loyal (and simple) assistants coaches. Van Dyke stars as absent-minded Luther Van Dam, and Fagerbakke stars as the gentle giant Michael 'Dauber' Dybynski.

After his successful tenure at Minnesota State University, Coach Fox is given the chance to realize his dream of coaching a professional football team, the Orlando Breakers. The Breakers are owned by widow Doris Sherman, played by Katherine Helmond (Mona from Who's The Boss?)....

Coach was on the air for 200 episodes! I've got a lot of television to watch this weekend!

13 comments:

  1. I was too late to play the game again. Jerry Van Dyke was the best part of the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! Missed the game. But never did miss an eipsode of that show. It's kind of freaky to see all the actors now playing older TV character roles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved coach!!!

    That was where I got to watch Tom Cullen (from the stand)..The big blond assistant coach :)
    M.O.O.N. That spells Tom Cullen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahooo!!! probably the first and last one i'll ever get right. i'm so worthless with trivia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, you have a higher page rank than me!

    I just installed the Google toolbar so that I could check, and you're 3/10. I'm only 1/10 :(

    Thanks for all of the comments on my "Youtube" posts lately. I've been very active as of late because I've been writing stuff for Associated Content and double posting to the blog.

    I remember that my Mom used to watch Coach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to watch that show faithfully. We also used to remark how his clothes fit him so well. Funny I remembered that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I'm pretty lame when it comes to TV trivia, but I did want to share this with you...

    http://www.thehighdefinite.com/2010/06/nothing-new-to-report/

    I thought you might find it interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to apologize to you sir! I feel bad that I have stopped commenting on your Can you guess this TV theme trivia's but alas I am depressed at the same time as I once was able to compete and hold my head high. Unfortunately even when I know the show you are doing like today's, I am way too late to answer and I can only sit back at cry myself to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought Coach was a really great show, and even though Craig T Nelson is a great and very versatile actor (Blades of Glory, Poltergeist, etc.) I agree with TS that Jerry Van Dyke made the show funny. He was like the Barney Fife to Andy Taylor in Mayberry RFD.

    Wow, I must be old to say that! Great post! Stop by, there's something I wanted to give you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've never even heard of coach.
    gosh.
    it seems like i'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails