Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hidden Messages In Logos That I Should Have Noticed

I've been on this Earth for 30 years, and I must admit that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.... How have I missed so many things that have been staring right back at me?

I give myself credit, I noticed the arrow in the FedEx logo.... Not at first, but now I never miss the arrow.... See it? Right there.... Between the E and the x.... Now that I've recognized the arrow, almost every time I see a FedEx truck, I see the arrow and have to adjust my eyes/brain to notice the FedEx logo....

After doing a wee bit of research, I found a couple of other hidden things in logos that I've never noticed....

How did I never see these?

Toblerone Chocolate - I enjoy chocolate.... I have a 4 foot tall Toblerone chocolate bar, the thing is huge, and I never noticed the bear in the logo.... He's in the mountain.... I've literally seen this logo my entire life.... I've never seen the bear.


Hershey's Kisses - There's a chocolate kiss between the K and the I in the word KISSES.... How have I been so blind?


Goodwill - The smiley face is a lowercase g? My mind is blown.


Milwaukee Brewers - I've watched baseball my entire life. MY ENTIRE LIFE! I've actually been to see the San Francisco Giants play the Milwaukee Brewers at Candlestick Park in San Francisco when I was younger.... I have never, NEVER, noticed that the Milwaukee Brewers baseball mitt logo is actually an 'm and a b'....


I'm going to go hang my head in shame....

19 comments:

  1. Excellent observations. I never noticed those things until this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    the only one I knew of was the Brewers.
    I had to look at the FEDEX logo for about 2 minutes before I saw the arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only one I ever noticed was the Toblerone. But I'm just gobsmacked by the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well color me dumb! I didn't notice any of these (except the smiley face in the goodwill sign - don't know why that one stuck out) until you pointed them out.

    Cool post! (Love these kinds of posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this AND I never noticed any of these things! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in the home of FedEx, and had no clue...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noticed a couple of those but the rest are huge slaps to the head. I never said I was too observant though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WEll I feel pretty stunned! I was looking at the fedex for a while thinking I still don't see it! but the the kisses and the toblerone, I guess I'm in too much of a hurry to get them out of their wrappers to notice.

    Good eye

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, i never knew about the kisses one! i wonder if robyn the chocolate luvah knew :)


    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH!!!
    I knew about Fed Ex and Goodwill because we went over them in one of my college classes, but I never knew about the other ones!

    I'm a terrible graphic designer. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Insane. I knew of none of these. NONE! You have enlightened me today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely taught me a thing or two here, but I did know the Milwaukee Brewers one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you have to hang your head in shame, can I join you? I never even noticed the FedEx arrow, let alone the others! I'm amazed by the bear on the Toblerone chocolate bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh My! I saw the hidden images, you did a great job at pointing them out. Maybe you are not really supposed to see them, it is part of their subliminal marketing plan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never noticed any of those things either. I will always see that arrow now in the Fedex logo. That would be a good game to play, find the hidden thing in the logo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't notice any of them until you pointed them out. But I did get the milwaukee brewers before I read the text... I started to catch on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhh! I only knew about the Fed-Ex one! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well that is just crazy. All of them. Especially the FedEx one. Do you have a Jimmy Johns subs where you live?

    They have a picture on their wall of a paragraph. The words in the paragraph are not all complete, but when you read it, your mind just automatically fills in the missing letters. It is really weird to read and see how the mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What I find interesting is the fact that you refer to the Brewers logo and commented about seeing the Brewers at Candlestick Park...hmmm...that's not possible because during those years the Brewers did not wear this logo...the were wearing the cheesy 'Notre Dame' MB symbol...things you notice when you look more carefully :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails