Thursday, June 10, 2010

SuperHumans!

Did anybody else see 20/20 two weeks ago? It was an episode on 'Superhumans'.... Real humans with Superhero abilities....

They profiled the following people:

Alain Robert, a real life Spiderman that climbs high rises without any safety equipment and can hang from his ceiling for 20 minutes at a time!

Jeff Corliss, a man who jumps off the sides of mountains and out of planes in a synthetic wing suit at speeds up to 300 miles per hour!

Anna Frasier, a woman (dressed in a mermaid tail) who can free dive 50 feet below the sea and return to the surface with only one breath of air!

Lyndon Whalberg, another 'mermaid' that can hold her breath underwater for up to five minutes and can dive 91 feet below the surface or the water and back with only one breath of air!

Daniel Tammet (Brain Man), an autistic savant who looked at pi to 22,500 digits ONE TIME, and then recited it to a panel of experts from memory.... They showed him learn the Icelandic language in one week!

Wim Hof (Ice Man), a man who can submerse himself in snow for an hour and twelve minutes.... He runs in sub-zero temperatures wearing only shorts.... No shirt! No shoes! No socks! Just shorts!

Dean Karnazes (UltraMarathon Man), a man who has run 50 marathons in 50 days.... He's known to run 30 miles to a marathon, then run the marathon.... He decided to run 30 miles on his 30th birthday, and fell in love with running....

You can see the entire episode by clicking on the sign below!

21 comments:

  1. WOW! I will be watching that episode. Thanks for the heads up. It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it. If we can teach kids the same thing (all of them), can you imagine how much they could do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A body can run 30 miles in one day??? Wow, I thought something like that would take days;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up with pains from just watching those people. I never will be warm again. And I am always afraid that diving that deep or staying under for that long will rupture something in my head, or I would hang out on the bottom of the pool more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean I'm not special? Dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is pretty cool all the amazing stuff they can do. But now I feel super ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen some of these folks on a cable show a while back. AMAZING...
    How do you run more than a marathon, just to get to one, and then run in it! the one that most amazes me the most is the climber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah well...I can roll my tongue. So there's that.

    Stuff like this fascinates me and makes me feel very unspecial all at the same time. I must Hulu it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have not seen it! I'm on it like stink on skunk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't even hold my breath for 20 seconds. What the hell?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't see that, and I'm not a thrill seeker, so I just can't relate to their crazy ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just plain old awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched a special on I think History channel last year that was doing the same sort of thing. Did 20/20 show the guy that metal sticks to?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome!!Oh my GOD!!The guy ran to the marathon and then just did the marathon?!?That's crazy insane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the superhuman power to take really satisfying mid-day naps. I can also eat, like, 20 burritos in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No I did not hear about this, but YES does it sound awesome! Thanks for the link because I'm going to watch it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i didn't see this but wow. very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Nice to meet you. I am now your newest follower, and I can't wait to get to read more about you and your monkeys. Hope you to see you around my corner of BloggyLand!

    www.fivemonkies.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually did see the "Human Spider Man" on the travel channel and the memory guy on a Yahoo news story. They're both pretty amazing!

    As for whether or not it's worth it to write for Associated Content, ask me again in a couple of weeks or so. My guess is that it's probably not. However, I'm having fun at it; and it does give me an excuse to write fun articles and double post them to my blog. Also, I'm trying to "test the water" so to speak with some of these sites for my brother, who has aspirations to be a freelance writer.

    My guess is that my interest in it will fizzle before too long, but who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  19. whattttt?

    i wish we had tv shows like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that's insane!! I want to be superhuman. I love this kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails